Thursday, February 27, 2014

Gluten Free Cheesecake

Okay, so I apologize for not writing. I have a good reason. I'm currently with child. 20 weeks now. In the prior months before, I was sick, tired, and wanted nothing to do with the kitchen. I hardly cooked or baked, so I had nothing to post or share. But, recently I made some gluten free cheesecake. I know there are many gluten free cheesecake recipes out there, but I am super picky about the consistency of mine. I like it rich and creamy. I usually make a crustless version that is baked in a bain marie, which is my ideal consistency - but takes FOREVER to bake and cool. I decided to try a version with a crust, and keeping my ingredients the same.


Ingredients:

Crust:
1 Package of Glutino gluten free Vanilla Creme Cookies
5 Tbsp butter (melted)

Batter: 
  • 16 ounces (2 large packages) cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 to 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel, optional
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 375°F. To make the crust: Stir together the cookies and melted butter. Press into the bottom of an 9" X 11" rectangular baking dish. Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes, until set; the color won't change much. Remove the crust from the oven and cool for a few minutes while you lower the oven temperature to 325°F. To make the batter: Mix the cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add the cream, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice; mix until combined, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as you mix. Spoon the batter into the crust. Bake the bars for 30 to 40 minutes, until the filling is set but still soft in the center. Remove the bars from the oven, and cool at room temperature for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, top with fresh berries, fruit pie filling, or whipped cream.

My husband loves my cheesecake. I love my cheesecake.

No comments: