Thursday, February 27, 2014

Gluten Free Granola

So, I pretty much eat this granola everyday. The whole family loves it. It's gone pretty quick.

2 cups quick oats (I use Quaker Quick Oats, I don't react to them, but if you do then get specific gluten free cooking oats)
1 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup oil ( I use Canola, but coconut oil would work as well)
1/2 cup honey

Heat oven to 275. Mix all ingredients in a mix bowl. Stir evenly. Layer in a shallow baking pan and cook for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir it around. When golden throughout, remove from oven and let cool. Add dried fruit after it has cooled. I doubled the recipe, and made enough to fill two jars, top on my yogurt, and bagged a snack for later. Now, we wont run out as fast this time. If you want to double the recipe, double all the ingredients, except the salt.


No comments: